[aur-general] freetype2-lcd_

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 01:40:31 EST 2010

On 20 February 2010 14:20, Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)
<ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:
> freetype2-lcd is, iirc, a patched version of freetype2 specifically for lcds
> that was originally built for ubuntu

That's freetype2-lcd, which was deleted quite some time ago. From the comments:

"Dear All! Please use this build ONLY IF YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED with
default one or the build from eWoud
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/freetype2-lcd/freetype2-lcd.tar.gz)
which are both superior!

Major differencies between this one and eWoud are:
1. Usage of linked "zlib" instead of built-in
2. No validation of GX/AAT and OpenType tables
3. No "memcpy-fix" and "bitmap" patches - IMHO - unnecessary,
otherwise they'd be included in official branch already

And there's no "quantization" patch in official Archlinux freetype2 build.

Please don't vote for my build and use it as a last resort only (or if
you wish to try "legacy" filter by modifying the tail of "ftoption.h"
file)!"

I believe it adds nothing as of early 2009:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=467609#p467609

But I may be wrong, especially if this one has been doing something
which freetype2-lcd never did.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD