[aur-general] Can't upload package to AUR

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Jan 2 05:35:53 EST 2010

Hi,

I've just built the new version of kernel26-fbcondecor
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15603) based on the split
package kernel26 from [core]/abs.

It builds and installs fine and it creates every three packages.

The first problem is that makepkg --source doesn't include the .install
file into the package.

The second problem is that I can't upload the archive
which I then created with tar cfvz kernel26-fbcondecor.tar.gz
kernel26-fbcondecor which includes the file kernel26.install. When I
try to upload it I get a page with this error message:

"Submit

Use `makepkg --source` to generate source packages for submission!
Invalid name: only lowercase letters are allowed."

The package name is definitely correct.

Is this a bug in AUR? If AUR parses the PKGBUILD's variable pkgname
then it should parse the variable pkgbase instead if it's a split
package because pkgname is an array in split packages.

Greetings,
Heiko