[aur-general] Orphans in [community]

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Sat Jan 23 21:31:30 EST 2010

For quite a while now we have been asking for people to adopt the
orphans in the [community] repo. Some of us have readopted packages that
belonged to us prior to the server move, and a few have even picked up
some of the leftovers. However, as of now there are 634 orphaned
packages in [community]. Therefore... any packages not adopted within
the next week that are not explicitly required by another package in
[community] will be dropped to AUR.

If you intend to adopt a package, please be sure that you adopt for both
architectures, if applicable. Additionally, please ensure you have
adopted both architectures for any packages you already maintain. There
are a handful of orphaned packages that only have one architecture.

Next Saturday (01/30/2010), I will go through the leftovers, adopt
anything that is required by another package in [community] myself, and
drop whatever is left to AUR.

Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)