[aur-general] Duplicates in AUR (flashrom-svn)

Anton Shestakov engored at ya.ru
Fri Jul 2 05:22:55 EDT 2010

02.07.10, 17:50, "Lukáš Jirkovský" <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:

> > Well, did that; flagged the package as out-of-date and emailed its maintainer. One week has passed: no reply, no update.
>  >
>  > So, back to the problem. flashrom-dev and flashrom-svn-new should be removed from AUR as duplicates and I suggest orphaning flashrom-svn.
>  >

>  I just tried to build flashrom-svn and it compiles fine so I see no
>  reason why flag it out of date.

Right, I should have checked that, my bad. Yes, it builds fine. I looked at the official downloads page and it says libftdi is optional dependency. No idea why people created not one but two duplicates just to include libftdi as a dep.

You see, I don't use flashrom myself. It's just some day I've discovered 3 packages at AUR that build the same software from the same repo just a bit different, have just a bit different names and have just a bit different dependencies. Honestly, I don't think this is right, but I really don't mind leaving them be.