[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] Python-3.x transition with python-2.7 update

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Mon Jul 5 21:32:42 EDT 2010

On 07/05/10 19:45, Allan McRae wrote:
> Just to clarify why this _is_ happening.

Agreed.  Also I don't think having python 2.x being called "python2"
will hurt us too much (we just have to fix the packages that need
fixing, in the ways Allan detailed, according to his testing-experience)
and it may be a service to upstreams for us to be a distro that adopts
python3 in this way early, so that these upstreams can get their own
code better aligned to cope with the (hopefully-)coming reality.

-Isaac