[aur-general] Why is there no option to delete your own package in AUR yourself?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:02:05 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 16:46 -0700, Dave wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 04:41 PM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 08:58 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> >> I think it would be better to just have a "delete request" button which
> >> would require a note why the package needs deleted so that the TUs could
> >> have a list they can easily access and work through.
> >>
> >> Allan
> >>
> > A much better idea. For quick response we could just mail aur-general
> > directly (those of us who use it).
> >
> > Simplest solution would probably send an email to [aur-general] with the
> > comments posted and giving the user's logged-in email address. Perhaps
> > it should be a 'delete/disown request' button instead, and allowed for
> > all package rather than just your own. Or 'delete' when its your own and
> > 'disown' when its not.
>
> For "disowns", I think the owner should also be e-mails so that he may
> appeal the request.
>
> Dave

Well yes, I was assuming that the current owner would be informed
automatically. In any case, whenever a reporter does not state
explicitly that "I emailed X a week ago with no reply" the TUs typically
ask him to do so first, so I don't see any difference with how things
are previously even if the current owner is not automatically informed.