[aur-general] trusted users business

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Thu Jul 15 12:57:48 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Ionuț Bîru <biru.ionut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've compiled a list of votes from the last 6 proposals just to see if it
> happened by accident to not vote.
>
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~ibiru/votes.txt
>
> from this only 3 users didn't vote for more than 3 times.
>
> Ranguvar, swiergot and vegai. From our wiki none are marked as inactive.
>
> Ranguvar i know he's active in this list, not so much in voting, swiergot i
> don't remember him at all, vegai i guess is busy.
>
> What happened guys?
>
> --
> Ionuț

Quoting the TU Bylaws Quote section:

"This section deals with quorums, and the consequences for those that
repeatedly keep the group from meeting them.

Quorums were established to make sure that all TUs are having a say in
the matters that they vote on, and to ensure that TUs remain active in
the job that they have taken on. All active TUs should be
participating in discussions and voting procedures in order to
continue meeting the quorums.
**For this reason, active TUs that keep quorum from being established
on a voting procedure for three consecutive voting procedures (they
need not be on the same motion) are automatically brought up for
removal procedure, by reason of unwarranted inactivity. **"

I don't wanna point anybody, I am in fact as a simply user and not tu,
grateful with all people who contributes to Arch, but it's time to
know who still in the boat... So IMO we should start a removal
procedure for swiergot (Sorry Jaroslav is nothing personal, I don't
know you), and going through with Ranguvar (who since he is relatively
new, I will gave him a right of replication) .. and vegai don't know
if still interested in TU Duties, we can ask him personally what
happened.., he seems to be Active.

So let's start the removal procedure for swiergot (who is pretty dissapeared).

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net