[aur-general] [gnochm] drop to AUR, replace it by chmsee

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:59:17 EDT 2010

2010/7/22 Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:
> On 22 July 2010 10:47, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> On 07/22/2010 11:32 AM, Thorsten Töpper wrote:

>>> +1 from me. Don't forget to tell the user about it.
>>
>> i'm in favor of moving in community but i dislike the idea of replacing his
>> software with another one. Let him decide.
>>
>> --
>> Ionuț
>>

> What about bumping pkgrel of gnochm and adding install script saying
> that the package is going to be removed and that it can be replaced by
> chmsee?
>
> Lukas

Just remove it and upload the new package, people can figure for
themselves. I wouldn't want to have my application to be replaced
automatically, nor do I want to have an install message for each and
every package that is removed from the repos, or even moved between
repos if you go that way.
Users should know what they are doing, if they are happy with it they
continue to use it, if not, they already found an alternative
themselves.

Ronald