[aur-general] packaging a weird library, symlinks

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 22 12:41:12 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Nathan Wayde's message of 2010-07-22 18:25:04 +0200:
> On 22/07/10 16:52, Philipp wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I try to package the IUP toolkit. The build system is fairly weird, but
> > in cooperation with the upstream project manager I think I know the
> > steps necessary to package it.
> > It would need a custom environment variable LUA_CPATH set to something
> > matching the installed lib. Afaik this would be something the user would
> > need to do manually, which I'd like to avoid.
> >
> > The IUP project manager suggested that a symlink might do the trick
> > instead:
> > iuplua.so  ->  libiuplua51.so
> >
> > Is this something sensible to do?
> yes and if you ever need to set environment variables you can add a
> custom script in /etc/profile.d, no user intervention is required.

Ah, and it would be sourced automatically?
Could it be a one-liner like:

export LUA_CPATH=whatever

Or does it need more?

What about the symlink solution? Are both possible, and if so, which one
is preferable?
Thanks a lot.
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan