[aur-general] Help with binary package

Stephen Weinberg stephen at q5comm.com
Fri Jun 11 09:21:59 EDT 2010

Can someone help me with godesk?
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635&detail=1

It used to work, then there was some update and it does not work
anymore. It is not a dynamic binary, however according to what I have
been reading this may have to do with a glib update.

When I run the binary, I get:

$ godesk

(process:8174): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(godesk:8174): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
godesk: ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/getpagesize.c:32: __getpagesize:
Assertion `_rtld_global_ro._dl_pagesize != 0' failed. Aborted

The GDK warnings were always there, but it is the getpagesize that is
failing.

Since it is a binary package, I do not expect you to be able to fix it.
However, I need someone to help me figure out what caused it so I can
give a better report upstream. They are responsive and have fixed bugs
I have given them in the past.

-- Stephen