[aur-general] Out-of-date packages in [extra]/[community]

Stephen Weinberg stephen at q5comm.com
Wed Jun 16 17:20:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:38:13 +0200
Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi DEVs/TUs,
> these packages are out-of-date from time and needed by none.
> Can I move them on AUR? I will wait 2 days because I do not know many
> of them, maybe someone is useful.
>
> Please TUs, let me know if you want to maintain any of these packages
> in [community].
>
> [extra]
> - biopython
> - gcin
> - glabels
> - linux_logo
> - nss_ldap
> - pam_ldap
> - prelink
> - pylint
> - python-cheetah
> - python-formencode
> - python-sqlobject (needed by pacbuild, but does pacbuild still
> work?!)
> - python-gdata (needed by pytube in [community])
> - python-vpython
>
> [community]
> - live-f1
> - sauerbraten

Don't you dare take away my python-cheetah. I use it for sabnzbd. I
would be willing to update/maintain it. However, I am not a TU/Dev.
Then again, I would be willing to maintain any python libs. Tell me if
you kick any to unsupported. I will take them.

I would also be happy to maintain them and be required to go through a
TU in order to get changes submitted. If any TU/Dev feels like
mentoring, send me an email :-).

-- Stephen