[aur-general] TU application for Sven-Hendrik Haase

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Thu Jun 24 20:42:16 EDT 2010

 On 24.06.2010 20:23, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>
>> I care about guidelines and consistency, though I am aware that my AUR
>> packages aren't all fully consistent. Working on that.
>> On LinuxTag 2010, I openly promoted my religion using my Arch shirt
>> together with a fellow Archer. We tried our best
>> to sound like the condescending Arch jerks that we are. Just kidding. We
>> showed-off Arch to quite a few people who
>> were interested, though. We met quite a few unrelated Archers on the
>> fair as well but they didn't seem to have as much
>> Arch-esteem as we did.
> Arch shirt? pictures?

LinuxTag pictures by yours truly:
http://svenstaro.imgur.com/linuxtag_2010/all
Observe as the Microsoft booth slowly changes during the course of the fair.

We proudly wore this:
http://www.linux-onlineshop.de/media/images/popup/4666_0.png
We were severely outnumbered by Debian shirt people, however. As a
consequence,
we tried as hard as we could to make as many loud Debian-is-99%-obsolete
jokes as
possible. In the process, we made/found a few strong allies but we made
even more
enemies that, as they used Debian, obviously were orders of magnitude
weaker.

It all worked according to plan.

Fun story: I gave some Debian guy some ISO file on an ext4 formatted USB
key and he was not able to read it because his kernel did not yet
support it. He didn't like my suggestion to install Arch. Strange people.

>> Is it true that the secret TU tower is where all the girls are kept?
> All the good ones, yes, ;)
Nice, I would not have expected anything less.

> Good luck with your application!

Thank you, but I will not need any luck to achieve this. Do you think
I'd apply with even the slightest possibility of failure? I have made my
arrangements. See you in the TU tower in a bit. Let's use the other
thread for party theme suggestions and girl allocation.

-- Sven-Hendrik