[aur-general] Dangerous package - requesting temporary removal

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Tue Jun 29 16:11:23 EDT 2010

 I'm requesting that "libcamp-git"
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38213) be removed for the time
being. The packager appears to be inexperienced and currently MAKING the
package results in pollution of the user system if the user has root
permissions. If not, the package fails to build.

I notified the maintainer in the comments and I'm unsure if I'm being
unfair by already bringing this up on the mailing list since he appears
to be inexperienced but what the package does is rather dangerous.

-- Sven-Hendrik