[aur-general] packages with lots of docs?

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 17:29:09 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm maintaining ipython in [community].  Right now, the PKGBUILD just
removes all the docs.  I can see the reasoning.
The compressed package size grows nearly five-fold when they are included.
I have several options.  I can keep on stripping docs, I can include the
docs in the ipython package, or I can generate a split package.
I wrote a PKGBUILD that produces the split packages ipython and ipython-doc.
I noticed that koffice from [extra] has its docs split.  But nobody
seems to be doing that for anything in [community].
So should I go ahead and commit my split PKGBUILD?

-- Chris