[aur-general] AUR Maintenance

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Wed Mar 24 17:06:45 CET 2010

On 23/03/2010 22:24, Loui Chang wrote:
> On Tue 23 Mar 2010 16:51 -0400, Daenyth Blank wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:43, Loui Chang<louipc.ist at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> It may be possible to restore most of the old comments, but that's
>>> something that we'd have to look into later.
>>>
>> What's needed for this, and what ways could someone contribute?
>>
> We need someone with a keen knowledge of mysql and encodings to be able
> to restore the backed up comments properly in utf8.

I've done encoding conversions and repairs countless times (mostly using
Perl). So perhaps I could help on this... (Not today though, but
probably tomorrow). Contact me off-list and give me more detailed
instructions of what the issue is. I do have access to sigurd but I
can't look at the data right now as I am not in the mysql group.