[aur-general] plz remove perl-set-infinite

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue May 4 10:48:53 CEST 2010

On 29/04/2010 13:30, Malte Rabenseifner wrote:
> On Thu, April 29, 2010 12:38, Caleb Cushing wrote:

>> also I just googled my folder for this list. I count 9 requests over 3
>> months for screw ups... 1 request to remove a package that was now
>> being generated with a different name. 1 to remove one that was merged
>> into another upstream. a few orphans (including 2 threads on acid2's
>> packages). 1 on a package I'm using... 17 total threads involving
>> me.... over 3 months.
>>
>> so 9 screwups ... out of 300+ maintained packages (that I check for
>> updates every day). I guess I'm a little peeved that someone is
>> complaining. I've filed 7 bugs (not for package out of dates) in arch
>> on perl packages in as much time...
>>
>> So you know what? I'm annoyed that someone is complaining. Why is
>> someone complaining? I'm mostly sitting here quietly working along
>> making the arch/perl world a better place... and because I make a few
>> mistakes that I can't clean up myself someone complains? I take
>> responsibility for my mistakes but seriously...
>> --
>> Caleb Cushing
>>
>> http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com
>>

> I am quite sure Firmicus did not mean to offend you. You are doing a great
> job, go on. :) Noone really will complain about a bunch of mouse clicks.
> ;-)

Come on Caleb, you are making a fuss out of nothing! I was not
complaining (saw the smiley at the end?!), just sending a friendly note
of advice as a dev and former TU. I was not even qualifying your uploads
as "mistakes", just suggesting that these uploads of duplicate packages
could be easily avoided with a tiny effort of scripting. I am actually
glad for your Perl contributions to AUR, and your bug reports on
Flyspray, and hope your involvement will continue.