[aur-general] AUR Maintenance

Slash demodevil at gmail.com
Thu May 13 06:12:07 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hah. Thanks for your enthusiasm, but it wouldn't be very effective to go
> through it manually. Most of the scrambled strings are in languages
> other than English, and it would take waay too much work.
>
> I do plan on restoring them, but I haven't had the chance to look into
> it. I can't say when that will be though.
>
> Cheers.

This is really becoming a great hindrance. The comments on the AUR had
a lot of very valuable information on them. It's not like it's a
twitter feed of inane babble- it's documentation, Q&A, a changelog,
brainstorming and external references. This is hurting me much more
than if the wiki was completely nuked. I have PKGBUILDs and other
build data in version control, but I don't have any of that other
stuff in the AUR comments anywhere.

Anything you could do would be a great help here. I would rather 5% of
the comments be corrupted or completely deleted because of encoding
issues than have all of them missing for another 2 months.
Unfortunately, I have no expertise with encoding issues, otherwise I
would have immediately offered help at the time. Let us know if there
is anything we can help with, at all (besides "stop bugging me!" :)

Thanks,

Slash