[aur-general] community repo "cleanup"

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Wed May 19 20:07:36 CEST 2010

On 19/05/10 20:42, Xyne wrote:
> The idea is to avoid dealing with SVN checkouts and commits
> unnecessarily and to make it possible to build for a given architecture
> without having to worry about others. This will make it possible for
> i686-only packagers to work on multi-architecture packages and it will
> let x86_64 packagers avoid dealing with chroots and virtual machines.

I didn't read the whole proposal as I found it a bit hard to follow
(it's kinda late; 9pm :P) and just skimmed through. However, let me note
that the above suggestion is bad practice. All packages should ideally
be built inside a clean chroot to prevent linking against other
libraries that are installed on the system but not explicitly wanted in
the package, and to a lesser extent to avoid having missing dependencies
(might not apply to rebuilds) or custom {C,LD}FLAGS.