[aur-general] community repo "cleanup"

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed May 19 19:18:39 EDT 2010

On 20/05/10 09:08, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> On 05/19/10 00:59, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Given these packages are obviously not updated much, it would be good to
>> give them a rebuild to get new packaging policies in place[...]
>
> I wonder if we should be concerned about the current toolchain? For
> example GCC 4.5.0 was mis-compiling some things when optimizations were
> on, if I recall correctly -- an effect that might be magnified by
> recompiling a lot of rarely-used/tested packages with it. (For example,
> I suppose we could wait until GCC 4.5.1 before doing a rebuild.)

I'm not sure we should be too worried.  Already over 1/3 of the repo is
built with it and only 1 package has been reported broken (and one other
not in the repo).

Anyway, I will be doing a new gcc rebuild when the next 4.5 snapshot
gets released (~24 hours away).  That has a fix for at least one of the
issues we have encountered.

Allan