[aur-general] Package disown request for haskell-platform

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Fri May 28 10:11:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for a well-written post, Peter.

2010/5/27 Ionut Biru <biru.ionut at gmail.com>:
> do you want to became a TU and maintain correctly in community?

They way things are done in AUR, where packages are orhpaned and then
maintained by volunteers, is a system that seems to work.
The quality of the AUR packages can be so-so, but they don't go
unmaintained or broken for long if there are enough people that care.
I'm sure there are more than enough people that care about Haskell, as
it is an alluring language that carries with it a promise to be
theoretically sound.

Changing the focus from finding a general solution to what Peter might
choose to do does not seem construcive to me.
Not handling Haskell-packages in a special non-maintained way would be
more constructive.
I don't think a one-man-army Arch Haskell Team will improve the
situation, no matter how clever that person may be.

Best regards,
   Alexander Rødseth