[aur-general] Convention question

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:00:53 EDT 2010

Stephen Weinberg wrote:
> I know. I read that when making mine. I am wondering why that package
> deletes the source when it is done with it. It makes more sense to
> update the svn when you rebuild the package instead of redownloading
> the whole thing.

Right.  You shouldn't delete your svn checkout after building the source.
However, you should copy the source to a second directory.  Do the build
in that directory, to avoid polluting your checkout.
That's how things are done in
/usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD-svn.proto.
The code in that prototype also removes any build directory left from
a previous run of makepkg.

-- Chris