[aur-general] Welcome our newest TU, Kaiting Chen!

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Wed Nov 10 12:15:56 CET 2010

Xyne wrote:

> Ok, 5 days have passed. TUs, please cast your votes:
>
> http://aur.archlinux.org/tu.php?id=41

The voting period is over. (Sorry for the delayed announcement.)

Yes: 12
No: 5
Abstain: 6
Total: 23

Out of 28 TUs, 28% percent have participated and quorum has been established.
The application is thereby accepted.

Welcome aboard, Kaiting!

You can find the TODO list for new TUs here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Users

*cracks whip*
Now fall in line with the other new slaves. :P

I also want to address something else. I am disappointed that 5 TUs voted no
without anyone voicing any concerns during the discussion period. To abstain
from a vote indicates that you do not have an opinion one way or the other, but
to vote no is to indicate that you have a reason to believe that the application
should be rejected. The discussion period is for discussing exactly such
things. It gives the applicant a chance to address any issues and it enables
others to consider what they might not have considered before.

If you have a concern that no one else has expressed during a discussion period
then it is your duty as a TU and an active participant in the discussion to
bring it up. Please do so in the future.

I also want to say that I do not want anyone to bring up there reasons now. The
time for that is past and there would be nothing to be gained from it, and it
might lead to unnecessary tensions.

Regards,
Xyne