[aur-general] determining inverse AUR dependencies of binary packages

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Wed Nov 10 15:05:42 CET 2010

Hi all,
I'll start this discussion with an example of the problem.

I notice that python-sqlalchemy is about to change in [community].
Most of the packages which depend on it will need to change their
dependency to python2-sqlalchemy.  This is handled quite nicely for
packages in the binary repositories.  If you do a package search on
www.archlinux.org, you'll see which packages require python-sqlalchemy.
Likewise, it is easy to get a list of [unsupported] packages which
require a given package from [unsupported].  However, I don't know of a
way to get a list of [unsupported] packages which require a given
package from the binary repositories.  If it were possible to build such
lists, we could contact maintainers of [unsupported] packages, in order
to inform them of upcoming changes which require their attention.

-- Chris