[aur-general] [community] repository cleanup

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:15:44 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 16:27 +0100, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> On 16 November 2010 15:21, Sergej Pupykin <ml at sergej.pp.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think there is no need to move orphaned package to AUR until it
> > works and does not have critical/security bugs.
> >

> +1. Why remove working packages?

If unmaintained, then why not let someone who actually uses the package
maintain it?

Its not like the packages are gone forever. The exact same PKGBUILDs are
now on the AUR, so you can still use the packages. Or update them if
you're interested. The only 'loss' is to those who don't have a package
installed, they'd now have to install something from the AUR. Big deal.