[aur-general] Various new packages in [community]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 17 13:22:22 CET 2010

On 17/11/10 21:59, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 03:03 AM, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
>> Dear TUs,
>>
>> I'm Gaetan, a (discreet) junior dev, mentored by Allan. I recently got
>> access to sigurd and thought I would use that opportunity to maintain in
>> [community] a few packages I have been maintaining on the AUR so far,
>> but which are just a bit too unpopular to go to [extra]:
>>

> the main idea is that you are a junior dev without pushing rights on the
> mirrors. Now you got access on sigurd will full privileges.
>
> Do you guys (TUs) have some concern regarding this? Do we need to start
> a new applications to join our TU team?

Just as an FYI, I would not have suggested these guys have access if I
had any concerns.  They both have actually managed packages in the
[extra] repo for a few months now without breaking anything.

New TUs are provided full access to the [community] with zero total
experience on our systems.  If you are really concerned then we should
restrict new TUs from pushing packages as well...

Allan