[aur-general] Move pigeonhole to [community]?

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Nov 21 12:24:04 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 November 2010 00:34:39 Allan McRae wrote:
> Shouldn't pigeonhole just have a very specific versioned dependency on
> dovecot (at least depends=('dovecot=$_dcpkgver'), if not adding a
> $_dcpkgrel there too).  That would stop dovecot being upgraded without
> pigeonhole also being upgraded.

Yep, that's what I've done; it's in [community] now. I believe that just the
pkgver should suffice, since when it breaks, it checks the version number of
the running dovecot and if different from the linked-against one, bails out.

It's probably worth also mentioning that if a new version of dovecot ever ends
up in [testing] (or some other unstable repo), there should probably be an
accompanying build of pigeonhole... is this what [community-testing] is for?

Cheers,

Pete.