[aur-general] oh-my-zsh PKGBUILD

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 02:30:25 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Tony <crt.011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> PKGBUILD: http://archlinux.pastebin.com/B3fyYkrp

It appears that you're using the PKGBUILD as a script that installs
and configures oh-my-zsh for the current user. No files are copied
into the actual package directory ($pkgdir), so you end up with an
empty package. As you understand, this is incorrect behavior. Also
note that while a package is being built, it should never create or
modify files inside the user's home directory (or anywhere outside of
$startdir for that matter).

> install file: http://archlinux.pastebin.com/1HpZXGwF

I'd lose the ASCII art and the "oh-my-zsh is now installed" line, for
the sake of keeping the pacman log as clean as possible. In addition,
the "chsh -s /usr/bin/env zsh" line is incorrect; zsh is interpreted
as a separate argument.