[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] Fixing packages with broken sources

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Nov 23 13:45:39 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:09:39 +0100, Pierre Schmitz
<pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hello Devs and TUs,
>
> as you might know some licenses require providing the sources somehow.
> While fixing the sourceballs script which implements this I discovered
> quit a lot of broken PKGBUILDs. We really need to fix those asap as this
> also breaks ABS and makes rebuilds a real pain (and impossible to
> automate in future).

I have rewritten the sourceballs script from scratch. It should be like
over 9000 times faster now. For details see my commit message at
http://projects.archlinux.org/dbscripts.git/commit/?id=4d16d294f338d5e90a92acb2096bca77e9e924e7

The script run every 8 hour and sends a list of added, removed and
especially failed packages to arch-notifications. The dbscripts are in
dryrun mode for a little while. Please have a look at those mails and
let me know if there is something wrong. (Only look at the recent two
mails; the others were test mails)

Greetings,

Pierre