[aur-general] TUs: low disk space on sigurd

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Nov 23 13:52:31 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:41:23 -0500, Eric Bélanger
<snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> Hi TUs,
>>
>> just to let you know, that sigurd's hard drive is filled up to 82%. You
>> should look for things to be cleaned up and please be more responsible
>> with resources. Some packages are really large. Don't forget that a
>> single package will need up to 4 times its size: two architectures, one
>> source package and downloadable sources in the source cache dir.
>
> There are 7GB of old packages in /srv/package-cleanup/.  Perhaps the
> older and/or bigger ones  could be removed.  There's also some *-data
> sourceballs in /srv/source-cleanup/ that are now on the skip list so
> they could be removed as well to get us a few 100MB back.
>
> Also, everyone should check their home directory for any big files
> that are no longer necessary.

Here is a list of dirs using more than 100MB:
102M    /home/daenyth
103M    /lib/modules
117M    /usr/bin
129M    /lib
138M    /srv/cvs
262M    /home/sourceballs
275M    /var/lib
293M    /usr/share
389M    /usr/lib
405M    /srv/source-cleanup
795M    /var/archroot-releng-i686
879M    /var/archroot-releng-x86_64
882M    /usr
1007M   /home/aaron
1.6G    /var/log
2.9G    /srv/http
2.9G    /srv/svn-packages
3.6G    /var
4.4G    /home/archiso
6.0G    /home
6.8G    /srv/package-cleanup
22G     /srv/ftp
36G     /srv
46G     /

Maybe we should set up a cron to cleanup /srv/package-cleanup and
/srv/source-cleanup regularly. If we decide to do that I should update
the dbscripts to update the mtime of packages when moving them to the
cleanup dir; otherwise older packages would be removed immediately.
/home/sourceballs should require a lot more disk space quite soon.