[aur-general] epiar

Luca Bennati lucak3 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:54:30 EDT 2010

2010/10/3 Ian-Xue Li <da.mi.spirit at gmail.com>

> The renowned shooter game 'epiar' actually has a new version with lower
> version numbers. (current 0.4.1 is newer than 0.5)
>
> The build system of the original source archive is partially broken.
> However I managed to make up a environment that runs.
>
>        1)      forgive the original build() function, use
>
>                sh autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=/usr && make || return
> 1
>
>        2) because the Lua library comes with it doesn't honour DESTDIR, and
>                the fact that we don't need it since already have one.
>
>                comment out the entire "install:" block for
> Source/Lua/Makefile
>
>        3) the original 'make install' is broken because it only installs
> the
>                binary. actually the 'Resource' directory is also needed.
>
>        4) make a wrapper script to run the game.
>
> --
> Li Ian-Xue
> http://b4283.ath.cx

We discussed a bit about this before, but i was unable to get a working
PKGBUILD because of the issue with make install.
It's great that you solved it. :)
Actually, in some time the new 0.5 version should come out, giving us the
possibility to update the package without deleting or provoking problems
with aur helpers... I think you should mantain it if you are interested :)