[aur-general] Proposal: Mass AUR Cleanup

Brad Fanella bradfanella at archlinux.us
Sun Oct 3 14:42:43 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 10:11:41PM +0300, Konstantinos Karantias wrote:
> But also, orphaning all the packages that fit into this category is unsure.
>
> Some people may have orphaned the for fun or something. It has happened to
> me many times.

I assume you mean "flagged out-of-date" rather than "orphaned"?

I think it would be easier to screw up and then clean up (i.e. run the script despite the risk and then fix any mistakes from there) than to manually check *all* of them.

Basically:
Number of packages wrongfully flagged out of date that require fixing < 525

If someone just happens to stumble upon an out-of-date package, all it would take is a quick visit to the project page to check the latest version and then un-flagging.

Well, depending on how you look at it, you would still be checking the same amount of packages.

Eh, whatever...

-- Brad