[aur-general] TU Application: Lukas Fleischer

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sun Oct 10 15:27:00 EDT 2010

Hi!

My name is Lukas Fleischer, I'm a 20-year-old student from Germany,
studying Computer Science at the University of Stuttgart, freelance
web-developper, IT consultant and hobbyist DJ.

I've been using GNU/Linux for about three years (used OpenBSD and
FreeBSD before) and Arch Linux probably for about two years. Since then,
Arch Linux has become my Desktop distribution of choice being installed
and used on four of my workstations and one server (i686 as well as
x86_64, one box using [testing] and [community-testing] repos). Besides
Arch Linux, I'm still using Debian, Gentoo and *BSD as server
distributions/OS.

I'm a hardcore CLI user (zsh, tmux, mutt, irssi, mplayer, calcurse just
rock!), experienced programmer (10+ years) specialized in Perl, C and
Assembly and, as I already said, web-developper (PHP, MySQL,
PostgreSQL).

As I read about Loui looking for help with the AUR multiple times on
aur-dev, I thought I'd just give a try and apply for TU. My main
interests would be to help out with AUR development (just check some of
the patches I sent to aur-dev) and AUR cleanups (you might e.g. want to
have a look at aurdupes [1] and some of my mails to aur-general),
double-check popular AUR packages, and, of course, to maintain a couple
of packages in [community] including remuco, redshift, tinyproxy, mixxx
(I'd also like to see xwax in [community] but sadly, it's not really
popular), pytyle, optionally surf and tabbed and maybe some of the
OpenSync stuff (I'm still trying to get it work with calcurse and my
Symbian phone).

I currently maintain 22 packages in the AUR [2] and previously
maintained some other packages that have been moved to [community] (e.g.
perl-datetime-format-iso8601, perl-task-weaken, winetricks). You might
also want to check my "archlinux-packages" GIT repository [3] which is
(almost) always up-to-date. If you check some of the PKGBUILDs you might
notice that I care about consistency and conformity with standards
(although not all of the packages might stick to that, especially
virtualbox_bin still looks kinda ugly and contains some legacy stuff).
I'd really appreciate any kind of positive criticism and improvement
suggestions as regards that!

Well, if there are any questions left, feel free to ask. And before I
forget, Loui has agreed to be my sponsor :)

Regards,
Lukas

[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=cryptocrack
[3] http://git.cryptocrack.de/?p=archlinux-packages.git;a=summary