[aur-general] TU Application: Lukas Fleischer

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Oct 11 10:45:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 08:35:18AM +0200, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
> > optionally surf
>
> How would you deal with config.h? To me surf should stay in AUR because of that.

It's still quite easy to build custom packages that are in [community],
e.g. using the ABS [1]. You could use something like the following
command to sync PKGBUILDs from the repositories, edit your "config.h"
and build a new package (assuming that abs/sudo packages are installed,
"$HOME/builds" is an existing directory and the EDITOR environment
variable is set correctly):

`pkgname=surf; sudo abs community/$pkgname && cp -r
/var/abs/community/$pkgname/ $HOME/builds && cd $HOME/builds/$pkgname &&
$EDITOR config.h; makepkg -is`

Of course, you can also do this step-by-step or write a wrapper script
if that looks too complicated to you... If you ever used the dwm package
from [community], the same thing is done there :)

Well, anyways, I'm still thinking about if it's worth it... This is
actually the reason I said I might *optionally* pull it into
[community]. Any other opinions?

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Arch_Build_System