[aur-general] Assigning Numbers to User and Group

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 00:18:25 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 03:07:45AM +0200, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> Make sure the user and group IDs don't conflict with those in the UID /
> GID Database [1].
>
> [1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:UID_/_GID_Database

Thanks for the reference.  I got a referal to that earlier in the
day.  What I wonder though is how we are supposed to clear these new
IDs so someone else doesn't use it too.  I understand it is difficult
or impossible to update this list.  Example: I might take user 111 and
group 111 but there's no way for some other package developer to try
and use the same ones in his or her project.  I guess as long as those
two packages don't end up on the system, no harm, no fowel:).