[aur-general] pkgstats and unused [community] packages

archlinux at michael.trunner.de archlinux at michael.trunner.de
Mon Oct 25 15:41:09 EDT 2010

> On 10/25/2010 09:22 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> > On Monday 25 October 2010 19:50:16 Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> >> here is the list http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Community_cleanup
> >
> > I agree to remove them too. At least packages with 0% of usage can be
> > removed.
>
> lets don't rush. first lets discuss what can be kept.
>
> for example i want to keep thunberbird-spell and gambas2, python2-docs,
> python2-pysfml

Hi,

I think there are some server packages, for example ejabberd and
roundcubemail. These packages are only interesting for root servers, but not
for desktop computers. But I think they should stay in community, because
there are not so many root servers with pkgstats installed.

oidentd and pam_mysql you need only in a big network infrastructur. But
without that package my university hadn't change there installation from
ubuntu to archlinux. I think such packages should stay too.

Greez

Michael