[aur-general] pkgstats and unused [community] packages

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 25 20:20:04 EDT 2010

On 26 October 2010 07:48, Christopher Brannon <chris at the-brannons.com> wrote:
> Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> writes:
>
>> I'd say only remove the packages that are orphans.
>
> Here's the list of [community] orphans with less than 1% usage, according
> to pkgstats:
> http://paste.xinu.at/98f5

OK that's a good list, and all of those can be moved IMO.

I take back part of what I mentioned earlier. There are indeed some
packages that I believe no one uses. The best way to handle this is to
selectively remove each package that we still want to keep from the
wiki list. I've added a filter list, so remove from there (and not the
original). Wiki diffs would tell us what has been removed (and by
whom).

Set up a timeframe along with an official discussion period for this,
i.e how long we have until the filter list is final. And then the
voting, if needed.