[aur-general] [google-talkplugin] How to build an older version of openssl

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:47:09 EDT 2010

Hello, guys.

Google Talk Plugin for GMail is not working anymore for me (and
others...) because it relies on libssl.so.0.9.8. But for my surprise,
the binary GoogletalkPlugin is a 32 bits executable, even for the 64
bits package. It comes right after the original deb package, provided
by Google.

To make things short, I tried to "downgrade" the lib32-openssl
PKGBUILD to version 0,9,8n. It compiles fine, but the resulting
libraries (libcrypto.so.0.9.8 and libssl.so.0.9,8) are ELF64, when
they should be ELF32. You can view the PKGBUILD in
http://pastebin.com/04xsippr

So, should I need a 32 bits chroot for that? Shouldn't the multilib
compiler be enough?

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?