[aur-general] TU Application

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:54:23 EDT 2010

> What do you need base-meta and base-devel-meta for?
>
> pacman -S base and pacman -S base-devel install every package of these
> groups. And with this method you always automatically get the latest
> group packages.
>
> pacman -Rs base and pacman -Rs base-devel deinstall these groups.
>
> Btw., base is automatically installed during the first installation
> from the install CD anyway. And not having base installed can have
> curious effects.
>
> I'd rather suggest deleting these packages from AUR.
>
> Heiko

I adopted those packages from orphan status. It's for people who like to
manage their dependencies carefully. Thus one need only base-devel-meta as
explicit and the rest of the toolchain (gcc, patch, etc.) can be made into
dependencies without showing up in pacman -Qtd. I don't actually use those
packages.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/