[aur-general] pkgstats and unused [community] packages

Gianni Vialetto g.vialetto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:28:14 EDT 2010

2010/10/27 Kaiting Chen <kaitocracy at gmail.com>:

>> This is called mirrorbrain (ok, it is a little more advanced). We just
>> lack a server and someone to implement this. To make it more effective
>> we'd also need some pacman modifications.
>>
>> --
>> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre<https://users.archlinux.de/%7Epierre>
>>

> Holy shit I just checked out http://www.mirrorbrain.org/; I did not know
> that something like that existed. I think this weekend I'll go ahead and
> install it on my server, load the list of Arch mirrors, do a small scale
> trial. I'll post the results probably next week.

If i understand how mirrorbrain works, using it could be also the
solution for half-updated mirrors breaking things (I recall people had
problems with the libpng/libjpeg rebuilds where moved out of testing a
while ago, so much that someone pushed in AUR the old versions of
those libraries). Not half bad.