[aur-general] Help with a perl package needed

Justin Davis jrcd83 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:49:23 EDT 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:

> I don't think anything uses nama as a module, so I rather stick with the
> current name.

Okay it's no biggie. The 'provides' [bash] array in the PKGBUILD just gives aliases for package names. That way packages can essentially have more than one name. But again, it's no big deal as probably no one would use the alias.

> I did use it already, but I did so sloppily, just to get the job done.
> perl-audio-ecasound: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40136

I just reread this message and realized you were talking about another AUR package. Before I didn't understand and did not respond. It seems that "cpan2aur" found the non-perl "ecasound" dependency properly so you should not need to use a PKGBUILD template. I don't see anything sloppy about it. :)

Now that you have used cpan2aur to generate the perl-audio-ecasound package I hope you can use "cpan2aur" to automatically --check for new releases from CPAN and update the AUR accordingly because that was my reason for creating cpan2aur. If you are comfortable with this you may try the same with the nama package as I mentioned earlier.

Sorry for the late response.

Have fun,
Justin