[aur-general] Aptana and ELF Files

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 02:49:45 EDT 2010

On 2 September 2010 00:42, Nathan O <ndowens.aur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently I have adopted Aptana and updated it to a nicer PKGBUILD.
> Namcap gives me that ELF files are outside of a valid path.
> The way Aptana is packaged, it seems you would need to copy the source
> directory to another directory on the system, for example /opt/${pkgname}.
> Since you can't compile the program and  if you seperate the files or
> directories, the program would not very likely run. What should I do? Ignore
> it, or put the files/directories in another location besides /opt?

I didn't look at the PKGBUILD but when it's in /opt you can ignore it.
In fact you should.
Quotation from FHS 2.3:

No other package files may exist outside the /opt, /var/opt, and
/etc/opt hierarchies except for those package files that must reside
in specific locations within the filesystem tree in order to function
properly. For example, device lock files must be placed in /var/lock
and devices must be located in /dev.

However putting symlink or shellscript which will run the application
to /usr/bin is a good idea.