[aur-general] Arch64

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 19:16:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Brad Fanella <bradfanella at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 05:55:42PM -0500, Nathan O wrote:
>> What would the best way to compile i686 packages on a 64bit system to test
>> the i686 version?
>> With also maybe a possible few 32-bit only software that I might have to
>> run.
>
> Simple. Use a 32-bit chroot.
>
> Or send it to me to test. ;-)

Check out my wrapper for the devtools, called makizushi.

to build a 64 bit package just do the following:
(you might want to change the packager variable, although you don't have to)

newchr stable64
mkchr stable64

first command creates a clean chroot in /var/mychroots
second command makes the package in the clean chroot