[aur-general] Arch64

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Tue Sep 7 19:43:50 EDT 2010

Nathan O wrote:

> > Simple. Use a 32-bit chroot.
> >
> > Or send it to me to test. ;-)
> >
> I installed Xyne's package, arch32-light. How do I build in it, I am
> guessing maybe cp the PKGBUILD  to somewhere in /opt/arch32?

Nathan, just read up on chroots and how to use them, starting with the 32-bit
chroot article on the wiki on which arch32-light is based. In this case, yeah,
you would copy it to somewhere in /opt/arch32 then chroot into /opt/arch32 and
build the package as usual (provided that you already installed pacman and
base-devel in the chroot).

I don't want to discourage you from asking specific questions when you get
stuck but as an Archer you're expected to do some research and testing on your
own first. Questions such as "How do I do x?" where "x" is something very
general are a sign of laziness. Questions such as "I've tried x, but I get the
following error message and I can't find a solution through <some search
engine> or the forum. What should I do?" show that you've at least tried to
solve it yourself.

Don't take this the wrong way either. I'm not annoyed. I'm just trying to
encourage you to approach things a little differently.