[aur-general] Arch64

Nathan O ndowens.aur at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:13:45 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> Nathan O wrote:
>
> > I know I looked at the 32bit bundled article, but it didn't mention
> anything
> > about building AUR packages there.
>
> A chroot behaves like a normal system. You build packages in the chroot the
> same way you build packages on the normal system, i.e. by creating or
> copying
> PKGBUILD and then running makepkg in the same directory.
>
> I wasn't implying that the wiki article had a section that spelt it out
> explicitly or that everything you needed to know was in that article. What
> meant was that you should read up on chroots in general because once you've
> generally understood them then the answer will become clear.
>
> I think I found a solution that seems to work for how I want it to. First
I used an empty /opt/arch32 dir. I copied makepkg.conf and pacman.conf to
/opt/arch32 and made sure they use i686. Then I did:

sudo mkarchroot -C <pacman.conf> -M <makepkg.conf> <chrootdir>/root
base base-devel sudo

Now I can do makechrootpkg -r /aur -- -i and it creates the i686
package as well. Maybe we could offer this as an option under the
wiki?