[aur-general] what is the best way to resolve conflicting files in aur packages?

Alex Combas alex.combas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:26:41 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Nathan O <ndowens.aur at gmail.com> wrote:

> First thing I would do, is to contact the maintainer of the package, and
> temporarily edit the PKGBUILD of the package that is giving you the problem
> if you are wanting to install it.

I posted a message to him on the aur page for opencl-headers.

And I did fix the problem on my computer, but for users who try to install
my package they
wont be able to do so unless they manually fix opencl-headers themselves.

So any suggestions on how to fix this?

I can see a couple of possible fixes:

a) opencl-headers simply conflicts=(nvidia-utils) and then people install it
with -f

b) opencl-headers removes cl.h cl_gl.h and cl_platform.h since they are
provided by nvidia-utils

c) nvidia-utils removes cl.h cl_gl.h and cl_platform.h since they are
provided by opencl-headers

d) ???

Any other suggestions?

--