[aur-general] Please delete a lot of packages

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 08:38:25 EDT 2010

On 10 September 2010 13:09, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Det <nimetonmaili at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/9/10, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've only deleted songbird-nightly-latest, the rest seem fine to keep
>>> (i.e.: they have maintainers, were updated within a year and have
>>> enough votes).
>>>

>> Ok, thank you but 'songbird' and 'songbird-svn' are the same package
>> so the other one should be removed - with the addition that
>> 'songbird-svn's PKGBUILD works better.
>>
>> 'songbird-nightly' and 'songbird-nightly-bin' are also the same
>> package - with the addition that 'songbird-auto-nightly' is always up
>> to date as it automatically checks for the latest nightly version.
>>
>> Sure, they do have a lot of votes but that's just because they've been
>> around for so long, while 'songbird-auto-nightly' was created less
>> than a month ago.
>>
>>        Det
>
> Sorry, I'm having a hard time deciding what goes and what stays.
>
> If another TU wants to jump in and handle this request, please do.

Wow, what a mess.

For now I would certainly leave the songbird-svn. It has correct name
and it seems to be quite good PKGBUILD.

I'd prefer if the songbird-auto-nightly was renamed to the
songbird-nightly-bin and then removed.

I think songbird should be removed, because it's in fact the same as
songbird-svn. I don't see any reason to keep it because it seems that
they do not release any source tarballs. However it has just too much
votes to remove it.

Lukas