[aur-general] AUR/[extra]/[community] duplicates

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Sep 16 10:49:34 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 15:30, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
[...]
> Quite a few packages that are already in the official repos are
> maintained by the Arch Haskell team in the AUR. I'm not sure what to do
> with them. These packages include:
>
> - darcs: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39679
> - happy: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26280
> - gtk2hs-buildtools: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37478
> - haskell-cgi, haskell-dataenc, haskell-deepseq,
>  haskell-extensible-exceptions, haskell-hashed-storage,
>  haskell-haskeline, haskell-hunit, haskell-mmap, haskell-quickcheck,
>  haskell-regex-base, haskell-regex-compat, haskell-regex-posix,
>  haskell-stm, haskell-terminfo

I'd say they should be removed.

It could be that some of those are newer versions than in the official
repos (especially true of pre-built packages that are part of haskell
platform).  If that's the case then the packages that follow bleeding
edge (from hackage) should be renamed to not conflict and/or cause
confusion.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org