[aur-general] AUR/[extra]/[community] duplicates

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Thu Sep 16 19:29:22 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:33:26PM +0200, Stefan Husmann wrote:
> thank you for your very long list. Can you provide your script somewhere,
> maybe in AUR?

Well, it's actually two scripts: First, I used "aurpkglist.pl" [1] to
query the AUR web interface and create a list of all AUR packages (I
wish there was an easier way to do this).

Using the generated list, you can do something like
`pacman -Slq | cat - aurpkglist.txt | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort | uniq -d` to
display duplicate packages.

Since querying the whole AUR web interface for all packages each time
is a waste of time and bandwidth, I created a cron script on my main
server that runs "aurpkglist.pl" once a day and creates a gzip'ed list
of all packages. You can get that list at [2].

[1] http://cryptocrack.de/files/aurpkglist.pl
[2] http://cryptocrack.de/files/aurpkglist.txt.gz