[aur-general] Orphaning request - chromium-beta and clamav-devel

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Sep 23 13:57:21 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:59:15 +0200
schrieb PyroPeter <abi1789 at googlemail.com>:

> Commenting on a package should send an e-mail to the maintainer,
> so, in my opinion, sending a private e-mail is redundant.
> Adding a comment also has the advantage of being publicly visible.
>
> Regards, PyroPeter

Generally you are right. But there are cases in which the maintainer
hasn't activated the "Notify" button (in the past it wasn't activated
by default) or didn't update his AUR user profile when he changed his
e-mail address.

So the maintainer should, of course, first be contacted by adding an
AUR comment. But if he doesn't reply, I think it should be tried by
sending a private e-mail to his e-mail address in his profile and in the
PKGBUILD.

It happened once that a maintainer didn't respond to my comment and
neither to my private e-mail I sent to his address in his user profile.
Then I looked at the PKGBUILD, found another e-mail address, contacted
him again and got a response pretty fast. Well, that's not the usual
case and usually shouldn't happen. And one could argue that it's his
own fault.

Heiko