[aur-general] Orphaning request - chromium-beta and clamav-devel

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 19:30:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 17:38 -0500, Brad Fanella wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Ray Rashif <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On 24 September 2010 05:34, Brad Fanella <bradfanella at archlinux.us> wrote:
> >> I don't think what I'm saying here is being clearly understood. :-(
> >
> > Sorry, I missed the whole Det business. All in all, that kind of
> > contribution (what Det appears to be doing) is not encouraged, but it
> > _is_ somewhat of a contribution. From the way I see it, he's just a
> > concerned party, preemptive about the fate of a particular package.
> >

> It's fine.  :-) I just wanted someone to confirm my sanity!
>
> Note to readers: This is not implying that help on the AUR is not
> appriciated; rather, if you are going to update a package multiple
> times, please adopt it to make life easier. And use orphan requests as
> a last resort!
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

This is where 'multiple owners' of a package would be useful (I know its
already been discussed a week ago). Besides the maintainer assigning a
secondary maintainer, some maintainers could perhaps be given to option
to say, in effect, "anyone interested can be my second maintainer", but
that person's maintainership does not affect the maintainership of the
first maintainer.

Or something like that...